So I was sitting at my desk today at work wondering "what is it that makes saying goodbye so hard?" I mean... we say goodbye all the time really.
"Bye! I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Bye! I'll see you in a week, but I'm going to go home right now and talk to you on facebook and text you at the same time..."
It's a certain kind of goodbye... the kind where you know your lives won't be intertwined in the same way. You're both branching off and you're afraid that when you find each other again you will have grown in different directions... That you will have been grafted into other people lives and you may no longer be compatible to grow together. It's a sadness that makes you weep... it depresses... It darkens...
So let's not say that kind of goodbye. Let's still let our lives be entwined because that's what our friendship is... it's a choice... and we can choose to hold each other up and grow together...
Let's make that choice...
I agree with you!!!
ReplyDelete